The ‘Positive Workplace Service Award’ (the PWS Award), sponsored by the Committee on Positive Workplace and Staff Development (the PWSD Committee), first launched in the year 2016/2017. The Award aims to enable staff recognition not only for the exemplary work outcome but also the individual behaviour and team practices that can demonstrate waves of positive energy, cultivate and promote a positive workplace culture in the University. It covers both teaching and non-teaching staff, those working in the front-line and the back offices. Candidates for the Individual Award demonstrating the attributes of positive leaders may also be recommended by the Central Selection Panel for the 'Positive Leadership Award'.
If you identify any colleagues (or work teams) who are full of positive energy, strive to go an extra mile, willing to learn and happy to communicate and share, enhance team culture, foster mutual trust and respect as well as work safety, please do not hesitate to submit your nominations now! Let’s join hands to cultivate and foster a positive workplace culture in the University.
All CUHK students and colleagues are welcome to make nominations . Submission deadline has been extended to November 16, 2018 (Friday). Don’t miss the chance!
For details, please refer to the Award Leaflet or the information below.
- To show recognition to individual staff members and work teams that radiate positive energy in the workplace
- To identify individual attributes/behaviour (e.g. positive communication, teamwork relationship, mutual trust and respect, safety at work, continuous learning and positive leadership, etc.) and team practices that are conducive to nurturing a positive work culture and atmosphere
- To share and promote such positive individual behaviour and team practices in the CUHK workplaces, and encourage the continuation of good practice
- All serving full-time appointees (teaching and non-teaching) on an individual or work team basis
- A work team should be comprised of two or more serving full-time appointees who work in the same department/unit or who work on a specific project as an inter-departmental work team
- Nomination can be made from CUHK students and staff members, self-nomination is applicable to the Team Award only but not the Individual Award
- Completed Nomination Form and the supporting documents shall be submitted to the PWSD Secretariat by the extended deadline on November 16, 2018 by one of the following channels:
- Internal Mail: PWSD Secretariat (attn: Ms. Angel Leung), Human Resources Office, 4/F Mong Man Wai Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 3942 0954
- Building on the core values of a positive workplace at the University, namely positive communication, teamwork relationship, mutual trust and respect, safety at work and continuous learning and development, and the attributes of positive leadership, a Central Selection Panel appointed by the Chairman of the PWSD Committee will review all nominations according to the assessment criteria set out in the Attachment
- Examples on the positive attributes set out in the assessment criteria are available at the"video sharing" of the awardees of the inaugural PWS Award (2016/2017)
- The PWSD Secretariat will seek endorsement of the Head of Department/Unit or Supervising Officer(s) concerned before acceptance of a nomination
- The Chairman of the PWSD Committee will appoint a Central Selection Panel (the Panel) to review all nominations according to the assessment criteria set out in the Attachment
- Nominees for the Individual Award or representatives of the work teams may be invited for a meeting with the Panel where necessary
- A maximum of 10 PWS awards will be presented
- Individual Award: A trophy, a certificate and an award of HK$5,000
- Team Award: A trophy, a certificate and an award of HK$10,000 (for the whole team)
- ‘Positive Leadership Award’: Candidates for the Individual Award demonstrating the attributes of positive leaders may be recommended by the Central Selection Panel for this new award as well
- Open for Nomination -- September 2018
- Closing date for Nomination -- October 31, 2018 (Wednesday)
- Assessment by the Central Selection Panel -- November/December 2018
- Confirmation of List of Awardees -- Early 2019
- Award Presentation Ceremony -- Mid-2019
For enquiries, please contact:
- Ms. Angel Leung, Human Resources Manager at 3943 8611
- Mr. Daniel Chow, Training Manager at 3943 8607
- Ms. Katrina Chu, Human Resources Officer at 3943 1987